9.06.2008

back in Jonah's room

Honestly, Drex had been a godsent, Johanna believed.

It frightened her at first to find him, but he'd brought her hot tea and cheese toast. Still she wanted nothing to do with Jonah. Yet, she felt sure she would have to answer to him once he got back.

"I feel as if I'm in a strange land. Its so different. I'm not sure what to make of it, you know. I must have forgotten a bit." There was so much she wanted Drex to know, but she wasn't sure she could trust him, completely.

"Well, this is New York City, you know," Drex said. "It can be rather hectic if you're not used to it. So where might you be from, London?"

Johanna just nodded. Her head still felt thick of drugs and sleep and she still felt week.

"I hope I fine someone soon," she then told him.

"Who?"

"A very old friend. I'm hoping he made it here," Johanna said. "Anthony Hope."

"A promising name, but I've never met the real one, only someone on broadway, perhaps playing his part in a musical." Drex smiled.

"A musical?"

"Yeah, Sweeney Todd, ever heard of it?"

She nodded. She didn't want to tell him that she'd met the real one.

4 comments:

autumn said...

now this is getting more interesting. i like this update. =]

UmassSlytherin said...

lmfao!!! now that's funny! hehehehe
Sweeny Todd ever heard of it. lmao! :)

love love love it! :)

ellie said...

I love this....

ellie said...

you've won an award at my blog.