9.14.2008

a room

"I think its time to have your own room," Drex announced while Jonah went out to lunch.

"But won't Jonah be mad?" Johanna wondered.

"Let him. You deserve your own room. And we've got the room. Its not that often you get this much space in New York."

"But I don't even have a job," Johanna bit her bottom lip. When she thought about it, she wondered what sort of skills she really had. She was sort of well read, only she hadn't read so much lately, had she? It had been ages since she'd picked up a book.

"You're a guest. You should have a guest's room. Except, I'm afraid you're stuck with my mother's room." Drex lead the way down the hall. When he opened the door, Johanna couldn't believe her eyes. It felt like a library. So many books along one wall. Yet the place was still light and airy from the tall windows.

"I can't believe it!" The soft pink carpet was cushy on her toes. She couldn't help but smile as she walked across the floor.

"Well, that isn't all," Drex promised as they past by the huge bed with the delicate quilt in pinks and browns. He opened another door that lead them to the majestic dressing room. A bathroom with a great soaking tub.

Johanna could never dream of a palace or a castle ever having so much.

"Did I mention her closet?"

Johanna's eyes just got bigger. Her jaw dropped. The closet just went on and on. It was unreal. Shoes, boots, purses, coats, dresses. Johanna had never seen so much elegant attire in her life.

"This is like Christmas everyday!" She gasped.

"Maybe you should try some things on. She was about your size."

"Oh, I couldn't." She shook her head, no. "Where is she?"

"I'm not quite sure," Drex sighed. "My brother won't say."

Johanna bit her upper lip then. Was it possible Jonah took people back in time, as well?

5 comments:

autumn said...

oh my gosh. i love Drex. he's so nice and sweet. ^^

ellie said...

I so love this for Johanna.

Cait said...

This is so sweet. Love this.

gossip guy said...

She might get lost in there.

jules said...

OMG this is exciting :) love shoes hehehe

jules
http://www.soloden.com
http://www.solofoodtrip.blogspot.com