11.21.2008

little bird

Sometimes it's hard to say even one thing true
When all eyes have turned aside
They used to talk to you
And people on the street seem to disapprove
So you keep moving away
And forget what you wanted to say

Little bird, little bird
Brush your gray wings on my head
Say what you said, say it again
They tell me I'm crazy
But you told me I'm golden

Sometimes it's hard to tell the truth from a lie
Nobody knows what's in the hold of your mind
We are all buildings and people inside
Never know who'll walk through the door
Is it someone that you've met before?

Little bird, little bird
Brush your gray wings on my head
Say what you said, say it again
They tell me I'm crazy
But you told me I'm golden

I know what I know
A wind in the trees
And a road that goes winding under
From here I see rain, I hear thunder
Somewhere there's sun, and you don't need a reason

Sometimes it's hard to find a way to keep on
Quiet weekends, holidays, you come undone
Open your window and look upon
All the kinds of alive you can be
Be still, be light, believe me

Little bird, little bird
Brush your gray wings on my head
Say what you said, say it again
They tell me I'm crazy
But you told me I'm golden
I'm golden -the weepies


Johanna hated this guilt she was carrying. It just wouldn't go away. She owed Anthony so much and this was the way she paid him.

Would anyone else have followed her here to find her.

She remembered the Asylmn and how he'd saved her from such horror. But sometimes, that wasn't enough. She wished it had been enough. It was time to stop thinking about it, but she knew now Anthony was the one so much better than her and he deserved someone in the here and now and he had to move on. He had too.

There was nothing that was going to win her back. She needed Drex. Perhaps it was just the modern influence or connecting with someone who could be her friend and lover. Was it just too much to ask.

"I have to apologize to Anthony," Johanna told Drex at breakfast. But even the toast had no taste.

"Are you sure you're ready to face him just yet?' Drex poured cream in her coffee and gave it to her. "Don't you think he needs time. You need time. We need time."

"I can't wait forever. I just lost it. That's all. I dunno why it even happened. I just saw him with her and it came so natural. I really am a horrible person, after all."

"Don't say that," Drex brushed his fingers through her hair and leaned his forehead against hers there in his bed. She put down her cup on then on the breakfast tray and they kissed as if it could all start over again. It could very well start over and it would as soon as she got this coffee off the bed.

6 comments:

Cate said...

Yay, finally a continuation of the story! I love the song "Little Bird".
I think it serves Johanna right. If she didn't have a bad conscience at all then I dunno what I would have done.
I wonder if Anthony will accept Johanna's apology.

Cait said...

I love the song too..and I'm not sure Johanna even wants forgiveness..hmmmmm...

Cate said...

Oh, you can tell me all about Twilight, because I'm not going to see it... I'm not that into it..
But don't worry about being "slow" with Anthony and Johanna. You're not being slow at all, I really admire you all for having such an imagination to write a story. It would take me ages to even write a sentence! What I'm interested in would be: Do you already have in mind the whole story outline, how it's going to end etc., like J.K. Rowling when she wrote Harry Potter, or do you get the ideas while writing?

Sydney Speel said...

sorrysorrysorry. i've been yucky and haven't stopped by!

poor johanna... i can picture this though and it seems romantic and extremely sweet.

Cate said...

Ah, I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said I didn't like Twilight... No worries! But from what you told me, I wouldn't have gone to watch it..

Beaut!fully Br()ken said...

Hi!
Glad you like my blog! You're is nice too :)