12.24.2008

just the right style

Anthony still thought there best bet was to get to the asylum. If they managed to get to the past. He just knew that's where Cher would be. Hopefully, she'd still be sane by the time they got there.

Luckily, there had been a huge window display of Charles Dickens' Christmas Carol so at least they had the style to go back in time.

"But I want to go," Lux said who was helping find costumes to wear in the Macy's storage room.

"Why? Why would you want to go?" Anthony shook his head as if it would be a bad idea.

"Because." She stopped and stared at him as if he should know.

"I don't even know if Leon has what he was looking for in Jonah's room. I just want to be ready at a moments notice."

"Then I can help. I can come with you and..and.."

"I see." Anthony remembered what Leon had said. Lux really had deep feelings for Cher. This was what this was about. "You're worried. I promise I'll get her back to you as quickly as I can."

Lux bit her bottom lip.

"No." She winced. "Yes. I want Cher back where's she safe. Where she should be. But I don't want you to leave me. I don't want to go on without you."

"You should stay here. We need someone here to, you know, make sure we get back. Someone who can take care Jonah." Anthony told her as he looked through shirts and coats and pants that would work. He was worried about Leon's feet. He wasn't sure how big a shoe he wore.

"Someone else can do that. Let Drex and Johanna take care of that." She sulked with tears in her eyes, holding up a woman's dress then that looked too big for her.

"Drex and Johanna?" Anthony hadn't thought of that. He smiled then. "Brilliant." He assured her with a kiss.

8 comments:

ellie said...

Lux and Anthony, what will Johanna think?

Cate said...

That's right! Charles Dickens was approximately Sweeney Todd time!

I think Johanna wouldn't be so delighted at the thought of Anthony and Lux. She seems the jealous type ^^

Merry Christmas, Ivy!

cats n curses said...

oh..looking interesting. can't wait for more.

Cait said...

I like how that's working in to the story..got to get in costume.

Cate said...

Thanks for your comment! Yeah, I was so happy when I saw all the presents... And it was really great to see that all of my relatives and friends liked their presents too. I'm also happy that you liked my outfit ;)

autumn said...

Anthony and Lux? cool. he can already forget about Johanna. lol.

Cate said...

Happy New Year to you too, and good luck with all your stories!

Sydney said...

i sense an upset johanna...